2nd Address Makes Property Management Easier: Sync with iCalendar
Investment property managers have never had more listing site options, but being this spoiled for choice is a double-edged sword. The major downside is that in this increasingly competitive peacocking for qualified leads, property managers list on many sites. That means that maintaining listing accuracy on any one site becomes more difficult.
One excellent way to increase your property management operational efficiency is to manage your property availability calendars on one centralized, standardized calendar that you can syndicate out to your various listing partners.
That standard has long been the iCalendar (.ics) format. iCalendar is used and supported by a large number of products, including Google Calendar, Apple Calendar and Yahoo! Calendar. It's the same calendar format used by many home rental sites like Airbnb, HomeAway and VRBO.
2nd Address is happy to announce that we now have iCalendar sync. 2nd Address Hosts can now manage just one central calendar that will automatically sync with their 2nd Address listings.
This will greatly help you maintain listing accuracy, which we know helps you convert leads more efficiently.
Here are the details:
1. Go to your Property Edit page of the listing, and find the "Move in Date" section.
2. You'll be taken to the Availability Calendar below. Click "Import iCal To Sync Block Dates" on the lower right of the screen.
3. Name your calendar and paste your iCal link. Once that's done, you should be able to import your calendar. There are also ways to get your iCal from the different sites listed below.
4. Click on "Import" to import your first iCal Calendar.
5. You can also Export your iCal by clicking "Export 2nd Address iCal" right below the "Import iCal To Block Dates" button (see #2).
6. Click "Import", and then click "Sync" to manually sync this calendar to make sure there are no errors. If there is an error, delete the calendar and import again, or check if you set your calendar's privacy to "Public".
7. Now your Move-In Date will be synced a few times a day to your calendar!
Let us know how it works for you and don't hesitate to reach out to us if you encounter any problems!
Or, if you're not yet registered as a Host with 2nd Address, create an account! It's free to create.